Lisa Martin is the founder of Briefcase Moms and she's all about achieving healthy balance in life. She has a ton of insights into how to achieve and then maintain balance in your life. I'm definitely getting her book and I will be sure to share my thoughts on it!
Another thing she talks about in a recent blog post is how to prevent stress during the holidays. Yes, I know the holidays are over, but it's time for me to take a person inventory. I did my own post on how to enjoy the holiday season, but did I really do what I wanted to do? Let's review:
1. Do what you can and leave the rest. Check. Although I was kind of disappointed that I didn't do more (I had a hard time feeling festive this year) I did take the time to enjoy my family more and I have a plan to start earlier next year to eliminate that last minute crunch feeling.
2. Store bought is okay. Check. Yep, didn't get that gift list done. In fact, barely touched it all. The problem was this: I came up with the list, then had no plan to back it up. Lesson learned? We'll see.
3. Be a little silly. Check. Singing Rudolph at the top of my lungs worked.
4. No complaining. Not quite. Every once in a while I got to whining about my schedule, the hectic feeling of the season, and not being able to get everything done. But you know what? I make my own schedule. The only one to blame is me.
5. Enjoy the ones you love. Check.
Not bad... I definitely didn't hit the ideal, but if I did then what would I do in my spare time? So maybe Lisa can provide some more insight! I'll keep you posted (no pun intended).