With all the negative news in the world and the fact that positive people tend to get a bad wrap (like "you're too bubbly" and "your Pollyanna view isn't going to help you, you know") I find myself sometimes being criticized for being positive.
But there are lots of reasons why I choose to look at the brighter side of life. Here are just a few:
1. I'm happier. I used to be negative all the time and basically just got sick of it. Do I get disappointed? Of course, who doesn't? But it doesn't generally last very long anymore.
2. I'm healthier. Being negative can drag your health right down with your attitude.
3. I have more energy. Nothing is more draining than being negative.
4. There is too much negativity in the world as it is. It's depressing and I'd rather be a light than be in the muck all the time.
5. We all need some good news. Isn't that true? Don't you just want to scream some days "Tell me something good!" That's why I do this. And it seems it's catching on...