Mary over at EveryDay Baby Steps (love that blog) tagged me in one of her posts (and I just now saw it, so it's taken me a little while to respond). The point is to write seven weird facts about myself. My problem isn't the fact that Mary thinks I'm weird. I am. I admit it. My problem is that I can only pick 7. So, here it goes...
1. I LOVE to wake up early. The earlier the better. The problem is I'm not very good at waking up early. The snooze bar and I are very close friends and I feel like I'm cheating if I only hit it once or twice. I don't want feelings to get hurt. But the earlier I can force myself to get out of bed, the better. 3 am, 4 am, whatever. The house is peaceful, the world in general is peaceful. It's blissful.
2. I color code my calendars. I started this when my husband was deployed to Iraq and I had to juggle working full time, all my volunteer commitments, going to school for my Master's and the work I was doing part-time for Stampin' Up. The calendar was a mess, so I color coded everything. It kept me organized, but it definitely made me look a little OCD.
3. I'm looking forward to when my kids become teenagers. I have a three and a four year old and I can't wait until they hit the teenage years. In my former professional life, I worked a lot with teenagers and I absolutely love it. The debates, the issues, the attitudes... bring it on!
4. I have four blogs. Yes, you read that correctly. Not only do I write positive posts and participate in memes on this blog, but I also have a Craft Blog, a Link Development Blog (this is what I do for a living - getting other sites to link to my clients' sites / blogs to drive traffic and search engine rankings for specific keywords) and a PhotoBlog (which has been horribly neglected lately).
5. I don't know how to use my blackberry. I work in internet marketing and play on Social Media tools all day. I know how to troubleshoot issues on my laptop, code in HTML, and set up a blog in no time flat. But the BlackBerry has got me stumped. Granted, I just got it. So I'm hoping this changes soon.
6. I read 2 - 4 books at a time. I don't know why, but I can only read certain books at certain times of the day. When I'm up early and in the mood to read, I tend to gravitate toward spiritual books, but I also love non-fiction in the evenings. I also read a lot to keep up on my industry. Right now, I'm reading Deluxe: How Luxury Lost Its Luster, The Corporate Blogging Book, and The Beloved Disciple.
7. I love public speaking. I have been doing public speaking gigs for 12 years since I was 16 years old. I love getting up in front of people and talking. Lately, I've only been doing speaking gigs on link development / social media and spiritual topics. I don't do it professionally (as in I don't get paid for it... yet) but I hardly ever say no to a speaking engagement. I realize this makes me exceptionally weird, but it's true.
So, now I will tag seven more people.
1. My mom over at Vignettes
2. My brother at What Matt Learned Today
3. My good friend Adam at A Thousand Cuts
4. Dr. Daisy at Dr Mommy Home School Tips
5. Another good friend Steve at SEO Pittfall
6. Connie at Princess Time Toys
7. Jennifer at The Dirty Shirt
Ok, guys and gals... here's what you do.
* Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
* Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
* Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.